Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Help!

I've been meaning to post pictures of our new house ever since we moved, in June, but have never gotten around to it. Well, this is not actually the purpose of this post...just an added bonus. ; ) Actually, I am having a love/hate relationship with my wood floors! I LOVE our new house and the wood floor is beautiful... But I HATE it!!! I feel like I have tried every product known to man to clean this floor, to no avail! I sweep (many times a day), swiffer, mop, and scrub and still end up with a floor that has a residue and footprints and doesn't look any cleaner than when I first began! Does anyone have a tried and true product and method to clean a hard wood floor?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you ask the former tenants?

Chris and Laura said...

Our entire downstairs is wood flooring and I know how you feel about the love/hate relationship! I was told to use a small amount of white vinegar and hot water and it's worked great for me. It doesn't leave streaks and isn't harsh on the floors. Your house looks beautiful by the way!

Jodi said...

I just saw on one of those home improvement shows (My parent's house, I think) to use vinegar in your wash water too.

We have real hardwood (100 years old) and it is such a pain to keep up. As sad as it is we will be putting in tile soon.

In His Spotlight said...

Vinegar and water - I also have a h2o mop - it steam cleans our hard woods and tile - works great.

CunninghamRules!! said...

Hello... I told you to use vinegar and water...silly girl

CunninghamRules!! said...

P.S. Your house looks great in those pics! I love it:-)

Anonymous said...

I was going to tell you to use vinegar but apparently you've already heard that!